Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH is searching for a BC/BE Obesity Medicine Physician to join the Dartmouth Health Weight & Wellness Center. The Center is the only fully integrated and multidisciplinary academic weight management center in the state of New Hampshire. The adult consultative clinic is a physician-led program providing comprehensive evaluations and management of obesity as a chronic disease with a focus on health and wellness. Our team includes registered dieticians, certified health coaches, wellness nurses, and an integrated culinary medicine team.
- Full time position for a physician qualified in the evaluation and medical management of patients
- Opportunity to work with a collegial multidisciplinary team in a team-based, patient-centered practice
- The integration with a well-established MBSAQIP-accredited comprehensive bariatric surgery program
- Obesity-related research and teaching in a collaborative major academic medical center serving a large patient referral base
What Dartmouth Health has to offer you:
- Established patient base
- Collegial environment and referrals
- Ties to the Academic Medical Center
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including relocation
- Dedicated CME time and funds
What New England has to offer you:
- Four seasons and an outdoor lifestyle
- Access to major cities and airports
- Proximity to mountains and hiking trails
- Driving distance to the seacoast/ocean
- The abundance of local lakes for boating and swimming
Dartmouth Health is an academic health system, serving patients across New England. A national leader in patient-centered health care, D-H is on a path to create a sustainable health system for the region and as a model for the nation. Founded in 1893, the system includes New Hampshire's only Level 1 trauma center and its only air ambulance service, as well as the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, one of only 41 National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the nation, and the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth Hitchcock. As an academic health system, Dartmouth Health provides access to nearly 1,500 primary care doctors and specialists in almost every area of medicine, as well as world-class research with the Audrey and Theodor Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
- Completion of an accredited fellowship in Obesity Medicine and BC/BE in Obesity Medicine by the ABOM
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine, and Internal Medicine sub-specialty, or Family Medicine
- Expertise in the field of obesity medicine. This field of medicine requires competency in the genetic, biologic, environmental, social, and behavioral factors that contribute to obesity and a thorough understanding of the treatment of obesity
- Competence with all non-surgical therapeutic interventions including diet, physical activity, behavioral change, and pharmacotherapy, and in providing peri and post-surgical care of metabolic and bariatric surgery patients
- Eligible for NH medical license and DEA
Dartmouth Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.