Weight & Wellness Staff Physician/Adult Clinic Director
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH is searching for an Obesity Medicine physician who is BC/BE by the American Board of Obesity Medicine to join in the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Weight & Wellness Center. The Center is the only fully integrated and multidisciplinary academic weight management center in the state of New Hampshire. The adult consultative clinic is a physician-led program providing comprehensive evaluations and management of obesity as a chronic disease with a focus on health and wellness. Our team includes registered dietitians, certified health coaches, wellness nurses, and an integrated culinary medicine team.
What we offer:
- Full-time or part-time position for a physician qualified in the evaluation and medical management of patients
- Opportunity to work with a collegial multidisciplinary team in a team-based, patient-centered practice
- The integration with a well-established MBSAQIP-accredited comprehensive bariatric surgery program
- Obesity-related research and teaching in a collaborative major academic medical center serving a large patient referral base
What Dartmouth-Hitchcock has to offer you:
- Established patient base
- Collegial environment and referrals
- Practice in an Academic Medical Center
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages
- Dedicated CME time and funds
What New England has to offer you:
- Four seasons and an outdoor lifestyle
- Access to major cities and airports
- Proximity to mountains and hiking trails
- Driving distance to the seacoast/ocean
- An abundance of local lakes for boating and swimming
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is a national leader in patient-centered health care, D-H is on a path to create a sustainable health system for the region and as a model for the nation. Founded in 1893, the system includes the state’s only Level 1 trauma center and its only air ambulance service, as well as the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, one of only 41 National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the nation, and the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, the state's only Children's Hospital Association-approved, comprehensive, full-service children's hospital. As an academic health system, Dartmouth-Hitchcock provides access to nearly 1,500 primary care doctors and specialists in almost every area of medicine, as well as world-class research with the Audrey and Theodor Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
Lebanon and the neighboring town of Hanover, home to Dartmouth College, are located in the “Upper Valley” which straddles the pristine Connecticut River, a national heritage river, and includes 46 towns in western New Hampshire and eastern Vermont. This local region boasts excellent local schools, a myriad of cultural opportunities through Dartmouth College, as well as the Lebanon Opera House and Northern Stage in White River Junction, and an abundance of recreational opportunities. Amenities associated with urban areas in Boston MA, Burlington VT, and Montreal QC are all within a few hours’ drive.
Position eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Please address cover letter to:
Richard I. Rothstein, MD
Chair, Department of Medicine
- Completion of an accredited fellowship in Obesity Medicine and BC/BE in Obesity Medicine by the ABOM
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine, and Internal Medicine sub-specialty, or Family Medicine
- Expertise in the field of obesity medicine. This field of medicine requires competency in the genetic, biologic environmental, social and behavioral factors that contribute to obesity and a thorough understanding of the treatment of obesity
- Competence with all non-surgical therapeutic interventions including diet, physical activity, behavioral change, and pharmacotherapy, and in providing peri and post-surgical care of metabolic and bariatric surgery patients
- Eligible for NH medical license
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.