The Norris Cotton Cancer Center (NCCC), the Department of Medicine at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) Medical Center and the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth are recruiting a Section Chief of Medical Oncology. The successful candidate will lead an established academic practice that includes a full spectrum of clinical and academic engagement in solid tumor medical oncology. As an NCI National Clinical Trials Network Lead Academic Participating Site, NCCC offers a strong portfolio of clinical trials in addition to a wide array of additional NIH-funded research programs. The Section of Medical Oncology fulfills clinical, educational, and research missions through collaborative work across the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, the Geisel School of Medicine and Dartmouth College. The environment spans a strong academic health system that includes subspecialty clinical services across a regional New Hampshire and Vermont oncology service line, which also incorporates a closely aligned Section of Hematology. The ideal candidate is a dynamic leader with outstanding academic, clinical and leadership skills. Qualified candidates will also be considered for the O. Ross McIntyre Chair in Cancer Research, an endowed Professorship within the Geisel School of Medicine.
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Leadership experience in an organization of comparable scope or complexity.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing the highest quality and cost-efficient cancer care.
- Demonstrated commitment to education and a record of accomplishment with nationally recognized, externally funded research and/or clinical research trials.
- Academic credentials commensurate with appointment at the Geisel School of Medicine at rank of Professor or Associate Professor.
- Eligibility for appointment to the professional clinical staff at D-H.
- Excellent interpersonal, clinical, and teaching skills, along with board certification in medical oncology.
The Norris Cotton Cancer is an NIH-designated comprehensive cancer center spanning the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health System, Dartmouth College, and the Geisel School of Medicine. The main campus of Dartmouth-Hitchcock is located in the Upper Connecticut Valley, on the Vermont border. Cultural opportunities are enhanced by Dartmouth College and the area is renowned for four season outdoor activities and diverse arts and entertainment offerings.
Please address CV and cover letter to:
Jeffrey T. Kuvin (Search Committee Chair)
Section Chief, Division Cardiology
c/o Lisa L. Minahan
Department of Talent Acquisition
One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.