Responsibilities include a variety of work in a research laboratory overseeing research studies. This Fellowship is designed to enhance the laboratory skills and facilitate the professional development of the fellow in a translational medicine research project. We are seeking a postdoctoral fellow to study the mechanisms whereby the tumor suppressor gene, Pten, regulates repair and outgrowth of peripheral nerves. This project will primarily involve small animal surgery in a CRISPR/Cas9 mouse model, and will require experience with histology, electrophysiology and standard molecular biology techniques for DNA and protein analysis. Candidates with an outstanding research record and/or small animal surgery experience will be considered.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of experiments and project activities.
- Monitors grants activities, funding and expenditures budgeted under contracts and purchased services.
- Oversees data management, reporting and project communication with partners, sponsors & governmental agencies as appropriate.
- Organizes and manages implementation of project activities including evaluations, data collection and management, project coordination, and collaborative relations.
- Tracks and manages program activity and collaborates with partners to assure integrity of project and timely problem resolution.
- Trains and supervises project assistants, students and other partners and project staff as required.
- Assures that data are successfully collected and managed so that confidentiality and data integrity is maintained, conduct data analysis as appropriate and provide reporting as required.
- Assists in proposal writing, and participates in development of papers and presentations.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- PhD in a related field
- All requirements for degree, including dissertation defense, must be completed prior to start date.
- Must exhibit excellent quantitative skills as well as good English writing and verbal skills
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.