Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Cheshire Medical Center's Doorway Department in Keene, NH
Dartmouth Health Keene / Cheshire Medical Center is currently seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our collegial and community-centered Medically Assisted Treatment (MAT) program in our Doorway Department.
In this role, you will provide outpatient psychiatric evaluation and medication management services at Cheshire Medical Center’s Doorway Department, which launched its Medically Assisted Treatment (MAT) program in September 2020. You will work in coordination with the Doorway team and provide MAT psychiatric services to patients with substance use disorders and co-occurring behavioral health issues. Collaborating with a physician, an RN, and a clinical team, you will coordinate client care and assist with insurance pre-authorization, referrals, and caseload management. Although the position is office-based at present, there will be an opportunity to grow telehealth services in the future in order to serve clients at remote locations and in inclement circumstances. This role is part-time (benefit-eligible) at 0.60 FTE, which is equivalent to 24-30 working hours per week, between 8am and 6pm.
The jointly-affiliated hospital Cheshire Medical Center is a 169 bed, Level III community hospital that offers access to a variety of specialties and services including Primary Care, General Surgery, ENT, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Orthopedics, Allergy, Nephrology, Women’s Health, Radiology, and Pulmonary Medicine.
What Dartmouth Health has to offer you:
- Competitive compensation, benefits and relocation
- Dedicated CME time and funds
- Ties to the Academic Medical Center
What New Hampshire has to offer you:
- Four seasons and an outdoor lifestyle
- Access to major cities and airports
- Proximity to ski mountains and hiking trails
- Driving distance to the seacoast/ocean
- Abundance of local lakes for boating and swimming
Keene is a picturesque college town in Southwestern New Hampshire that is an ideal place to call home. Keene has a strong sense of community with a vibrant downtown area, excellent public schools, and 4-season outdoor recreation opportunities.
Dartmouth Health Keene (D-H Keene) is a 150 physician and associate provider, multi-specialty community practice and a division of the Dartmouth Health system based in Lebanon, New Hampshire. This diverse group of professionals is committed to quality and patient safety, continuous process improvement and clinical measurement. D-H Keene is a nationally recognized leader in population health and the patient-centered medical home care delivery model. It is innovative and collaborative in its use of integrative medicine, value-based care, accountable-care models and electronic health records. It is the largest community practice in the 650+ physician Dartmouth Health System which boasts a leading medical center and medical school.
Cheshire Medical Center, is only the 14th hospital ever to be named an American Hospital Association “Living the Vision” awardee (2013) and is both the 2010 New Hampshire Healthcare Business of the Decade and 2014 New Hampshire Healthcare Business of the Year.
Minimum Required Education:
- Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Nursing with focus on Psychiatric nursing
- Graduation from a state-certified advance practice program specializing in psychiatry/mental health
Minimum Required Experience:
- At least 1-2 years providing direct client care to persons receiving treatment for psychiatric disorders
- Ability to work with both adult and adolescent populations.
- MAT Waiver
- 3+ years of experience as a psychiatric provider
- Experience in telemedicine
- Demonstrated experience with compromised populations
- Must be certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in Psychiatric Mental Health (PMH) as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (APRN)
- An unrestricted license to practice as an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) in the state of New Hampshire
- Must have a valid DEA number and unrestricted DEA license in New Hampshire
- Registration with the state Prescription Monitoring Program (PDMP) in New Hampshire
- No suspension/exclusion/debarment from participation in federal health care programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid)
- Maintain credentials and licensure with all major insurance companies and licensing boards with the assistance of Dartmouth Health credentialing team.
Dartmouth Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.