The Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship in Neurology / Neuroscience is an intensive 12-month program for licensed Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners seeking to take their career to the next level of specialty care. Our faculty strives to promote excellence in all aspects of clinical neurology practice and is passionate about developing the next generation of Advanced Practice Providers.
The program features an integrated clinical and didactic approach to provide a solid foundation in the management of outpatient, hospital-based, and critically ill neurology patients. APP fellows work and learn in a team-based environment, with close mentoring and supervision from attending physicians and advanced practice providers experienced in general neurology and the various subspecialties.
Upon completion of the program, our fellows will have the skills to care for a diverse patient population with a wide range of complex neurological disorders including neurological emergencies. The aim is to provide recent graduates (or experienced providers new to neurology) with the skills, knowledge and experience needed to work independently and effectively in this dynamic and rapidly changing field.
Applications should be submitted by January 16, 2022
Interviews will take place March 4, 2022 and Candidate selection in early-March 2022
Anticipated start Date is July 2022
Applications for D-H Postgraduate APP Residency/Fellowship Programs must include the following:
- A recent copy of your CV/resume (including school name and GPA)
- A brief personal statement describing your interest in pursuing a career in Advanced Practice Neurology (500-1,000 words)
- Three letters of reference on letterhead (if you are currently enrolled in a Physician Assistant Master's degree program, one must be from your Physician Assistant Program or Medical Director)
- These can be submitted by you with your other application materials or directly by your references to email@example.com.
- Letters can be addressed to the Neurology APP team.
- If you are currently enrolled in an APRN academic degree program or a PA program, one reference must be from your Program or Medical Director.
- Note: All materials must be received in order to be considered for an initial phone interview. Second interviews will take place onsite at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire or virtually.
- CREDENTIAL AWARDED
Certificate of completion issued by Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Department of Neurology signed by the Department Chair, Medical Director and Program Director.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Annual stipend: $70,000
- Benefits: APP residents are eligible for full and comprehensive benefits provided by D-H.
- Equipment: The fellowship program provides educational materials including protective loupes, lab coats, textbooks, computer, handouts and internet access while in a D-H facility.
- Housing: Housing and relocation are the responsibility of each APP resident.
- Category 1 CME is available by participating in and attending lectures, conferences and grand rounds.
To be considered for admission to the DH Neurology APP Fellowship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited Master's Degree (or higher) PA or NP program
- Must obtain a PA or NP license in the state of New Hampshire once admitted to the program
- Personal Interview
- Candidates will be asked to complete the formal D-H online application process prior to invitation for onsite interview
- A criminal background check and a urine drug screen will be performed as a part of the pre-employment requirements for final selected candidates
- Any offer of acceptance is contingent on final candidates successfully completing the standard D-H pre-employment checks and clinical credentialing process prior to matriculation.
- Graduate of an accredited Master's Degree PA or NP Program (and certified RFNA)
- Eligible to pass (or have passed) degree specific board certification
- Must obtain a PA or NP license in the state of New Hampshire
- BLS Certification
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.