The Department of Orthopaedics at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) in Lebanon, NH is seeking to hire a Board Certified Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon. The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership and will participate in developing a coordinated system of care for patients with musculoskeletal emergencies in the New England region. This position will include the development of standardized care paths that enhance the measurement of outcome and value in our busy trauma program. There may practice at multiple sites: DHMC in Lebanon, NH, and an affiliate regional partner.
Qualified applicants must be fellowship trained in orthopaedic trauma surgery, and a desire to build interdisciplinary teams and referral systems to provide coordinated care and exceptional service to both patients and referring physicians. The selected trauma surgeon will be expected to participate in resident clinical and didactic education as well as curriculum development. An interest in furthering clinical knowledge, health care policy, or outcomes in orthopaedic trauma through research is preferred. The successful candidate will have a faculty appointment at the Geisel School of Medicine and will be expected to participate fully in the burgeoning research and educational programs of the Department and multidisciplinary research teams.
What Dartmouth-Hitchcock has to offer you:
- No evening or weekend on-call expectations
- Not a designated, first-line crisis service provider
- Collegial and inclusive environment
- An academic appointment at Geisel School of Medicine (commensurate with training and experience)
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including a $20K relocation stipend
- Dedicated CME time and funds
What New Hampshire has to offer you:
- Unmatched quality of life in a beautiful, rural setting
- Professional community offering excellent schools and lively arts
- Access to major cities and airports
- Proximity to ski mountains, hiking trails and lakes
- Driving distance to the seacoast/ocean
- No sales or income tax!
Cover letter to be addressed to: David S. Jevsevar, MD - Chair for Department of Orthopaedics
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock health system stretches over New Hampshire and Vermont and offers the quintessential New England experience. With no income or sales tax, this beautiful area combines history, industry and business and has been ranked consistently as one of the best places in the US to live and work. Anchored by the academic Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH, the system includes the NCI-designated Norris Cotton Cancer Center, the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock; 4 affiliated hospitals and 30 Dartmouth-Hitchcock ambulatory clinics across the region. With destinations like Boston, New York, the seacoast and ski country within driving distance, the opportunities – both career and personal – truly make New Hampshire the ideal place to work and play.
- Board Certified in Orthopaedics
- Fellowship trained in Orthopaedic Trauma
- Able to obtain and maintain a physician license with the NH Board of Medicine
- Demonstrated leadership experience
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.