The Section of Medical Oncology at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center is seeking an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA) to provide outpatient healthcare to individuals within the Comprehensive Breast Oncology Program of the Dartmouth Cancer Center. The successful candidate will assess, treat and manage the healthcare needs and problems of patients and families within their specialty area(s). The APRN/PA functions as part of the provider team to provide care to the department’s panel of breast oncology patients. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week.
What We Offer:
- An interdisciplinary group of medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and specialists.
- Multi-modality care in medical oncology.
- The APP in the Comprehensive Breast Oncology Program will be part of a group of 26 associate providers and a lead nurse practitioner with the Dartmouth Cancer Center. Additional staff includes a nurse navigator, clinic nurse and secretarial support, and provider staff assigned to the team.
- 40-hour clinical work week. No call responsibilities.
- Tumor board participation.
- Teaching opportunities. Academic appointment with the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth at a level commensurate with experience.
- Research opportunities. Current projects include serious illness planning, quality improvement, symptom management, and enhancing provider communication.
What We Are Seeking:
- An experienced nurse practitioner/physician assistant with experience working with oncology patients or a new graduate with experience as an oncology RN.
- A collaborative team player
- An active learner with an interest in teaching, education, and research.
Minimum Qualifications for APRN:
- Graduate of an accredited APRN program.
- Eligible for APRN licensure in the State of New Hampshire.
- Board-certified by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Eligible for Federal DEA Registration.
Minimum Qualifications for PA:
- Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant program.
- NCCPA certification.
- PA license or (eligibility) in the State of New Hampshire.
- Eligible for Federal DEA registration.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.