Full-time Core Faculty Opportunities – Family Medicine Residency Program in Development
Keene, New Hampshire
Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth Health Family Medicine Resident Program is seeking Core Faculty members for a new community-based 6-6-6 Family Medicine residency in our rural regional referral center affiliated with the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth. Seeking candidates with passion and enthusiasm for practicing and teaching full-scope family medicine. Opportunities for leadership, professional growth and development, and a strong connection to community. The successful candidate will support the program leadership in developing, implementing, and assessing curriculum of the program and in building the residency practice, with plans to matriculate its first residents in July 2024. The success of the residency will be grounded in Cheshire’s GME Vision:
A caring educational community that trains graduate physicians who will serve all patients with high-quality, patient-centered medical care and collaborate across disciplines to meet the broader health needs of the community.
The Core Faculty member will have a significant role in the education and supervision of the residents, including teaching, evaluating, and providing formative feedback. In addition, the Core Faculty member will develop and care for a patient panel within the residency practice in our state-of-the-art Family Medicine Center currently under construction. The practice will strive to meet community needs, including caring for marginalized individuals. The program will have a special emphasis on care of the rural LGBTQIA community. Faculty are eligible for academic appointment at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
This program is especially interested in candidates who will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the community through their teaching, scholarship and/or service. Cheshire Medical Center, Dartmouth Health and the Geisel School of Medicine are committed to a richly diverse workforce.
- Previous teaching experience in an ACGME-accredited program preferred
- Clinically active in Family Medicine
- OB preferred
- Inpatient Medicine teaching preferred
- American Board Certified/Board Eligible in Family Medicine from ABFM or AOBFM
- Currently hold or possess the ability to obtain medical licensure to practice medicine in New Hampshire
- Currently hold or possess ability to obtain a DEA with full prescriptive authority
- Unrestricted credentials in FM department
- Commitment to providing team-based, high-quality, evidence-based patient care
- Commitment to training the physicians of tomorrow, with interest in curriculum development and medical pedagogy
- Demonstrated administrative, scholarly and research activity
- Initial 0.7 FTE clinical, 0.3 education
- Deliver high-quality care to the patients of our Family Medicine Center
- Provide clinical supervision and mentoring of residents and medical students in the inpatient and/or outpatient setting with occasional supervisory call coverage responsibilities
- Teach didactics, contribute to curriculum development, simulation training, practice management and other innovative topics
- Provide regular resident and student evaluation/feedback
- Regularly participate in organized clinical discussions, rounds, journal clubs, conferences, and residency committees
- Pursue faculty development designated to enhance skills, at least annually
- Serve as an advisor and role model of professionalism, fostering one’s own and resident/student well-being, educational goal setting, career planning, scholarship, and safe, high-quality patient care based on practice-based learning and improvement efforts
- Pursue scholarly activities including presenting at scientific society meetings, participation in national committees and/or educational organizations, quality initiatives, publications, grants, etc.
- Incorporate a complementary culture of learning into the current patient- and community-centered health culture, including principles of quality and equity, humanism, research, and population health
The Community Practice Environment
Cheshire Medical Center (Cheshire) is a 169-bed, Level III community hospital that has served the Monadnock Region of southwestern New Hampshire for over 125 years. It is only the 14th hospital ever to be named an American Hospital Association “Living the Vision” awardee. Associated is a 150 physician and associate provider multi-specialty community practice, an affiliate of Dartmouth Health. This diverse group of professionals is committed to quality and patient safety, continuous process improvement and clinical measurement. Cheshire is a nationally recognized leader in population health and patient-centered medical home. It is innovative and collaborative in its use of integrative medicine, value-based care, accountable-care models and electronic medical records. It is the largest community practice in the 650+ physician Dartmouth Health system which boasts Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH, a leading academic medical center including the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
The City of Keene (population 24,000) is a college town with a classic New England downtown with varied opportunities for shopping, dining, and an active arts community. The city has excellent public and private schools and extracurricular activities, along with a variety of housing options in the city of Keene and the small towns surrounding the city. Outdoor recreation opportunities abound, with mountains, lakes, forests, and ski resorts nearby, and Boston and New Hampshire’s Seacoast just a two-hour drive away.
Christine Symonds, 603-354-5454 x 8476
American Board Certified/Board Eligible in Family Medicine from ABFM or AOBFM
Must obtain and maintain a medical license in the State of New Hampshire
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.