DHMC Neurology / Neuroscience Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship in Neurology / Neuroscience is an intensive 12-month program for licensed Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners seeking to take their career to the next level of specialty care. Our faculty strives to promote excellence in all aspects of clinical neurology practice and is passionate about developing the next generation of Advanced Practice Providers.
The program features an integrated clinical and didactic approach to provide a solid foundation in the management of outpatient, hospital-based, and critically ill neurology patients. APP fellows work and learn in a team-based environment, with close mentoring and supervision from attending physicians and advanced practice providers experienced in general neurology and the various subspecialties.
Upon completion of the program, our fellows will have the skills to care for a diverse patient population with a wide range of complex neurological disorders including neurological emergencies. The aim is to provide recent graduates (or experienced providers new to neurology) with the skills, knowledge and experience needed to work independently and effectively in this dynamic and rapidly changing field.
- Applications should be submitted by March 30, 2020.
- Interviews will take place in April 2020 and Candidate selection in May 2020.
- Anticipated start Date is September 8th 2020.
Certificate of completion issued by Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Department of Neurology signed by the Department Chair, Medical Director and Program Director
- Annual stipend: $70,000
- Benefits: PA/NP Fellows are eligible for full and comprehensive benefits provided by D-H.
- Equipment: The fellowship program provides educational materials including protective loupes, lab coats, textbooks, computer, handouts and internet access while in a D-H facility.
- Travel: Interview related expenses are the responsibility of each candidate.
- Housing: Housing and relocation are the responsibility of each PA/NP fellow.
- Category 1 CME is available by participating in and attending lectures, conferences and grand rounds.
- Updated copy of your CV/resume
- Brief personal statement describing your interest in pursuing a career in Neurology (500-1,000 words)
- Three letters of reference (if you are currently enrolled in a Physician Assistant Master's degree program, one must be from your Physician Assistant Program or Medical Director)
To be considered for admission to the DH Neurology APP Fellowship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited Master's Degree (or higher) PA or NP program
- Must obtain a PA or NP license in the state of New Hampshire once admitted to the program
- Personal Interview
- Candidates will be asked to complete the formal D-H online application process prior to invitation for onsite interview
- A criminal background check and a urine drug screen will be performed as a part of the pre-employment requirements for final selected candidates
- Any offer of acceptance is contingent on final candidates successfully completing the standard D-H pre-employment checks and clinical credentialing process prior to matriculation.
- Graduate of an accredited Master's Degree PA or NP Program
- Eligible to pass (or have passed) degree specific board certification
- Must obtain a PA or NP license in the state of New Hampshire
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.