The Norris Cotton Cancer Center (NCCC), the Department of Medicine at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, and the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth are recruiting a Neuro-Oncologist whose primary focus will be clinical and translational research. The successful candidate will work in an established Neuro-Oncology Interdisciplinary Program that includes the full spectrum of sub-specialties and support services as well as a strong portfolio of clinical, translational and basic research. The successful candidate will become a member of the Section of Medical Oncology and contribute to the clinical, educational, and research missions at Dartmouth-Hitchcock and the Geisel School of Medicine and at campuses located in New Hampshire and Vermont.
What we are seeking:
- Neurology- or Medical Oncology-trained Neuro-oncologist with strong clinical and academic backgrounds who desires to develop in-house clinical trials or a successful translational research program
- Demonstrated commitment to education and a record of scholarly accomplishment in the form of either prior research publications, externally funded research grants and/or clinical trial leadership experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing the highest quality and cost-efficient cancer care to patients with a neuro-oncology diagnosis or neurologic complications of cancer and therapy.
- Academic credentials commensurate with appointment at the Geisel School of Medicine at rank of Assistant or Associate Professor.
- Eligibility for appointment to the professional clinical staff at D-H.
- Excellent interpersonal, clinical, and teaching skills.
- Board certification in Neurology and Oncology.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to build and grow a dedicated research portfolio.
- Outstanding interdisciplinary research team of clinical investigators, basic scientists, research nurses, and research coordinators.
- Extensive protected academic time and start-up support.
- Mentoring for newer physician-scientists and mentor opportunities for experienced physician-scientists.
- Competitive salary and benefits with relocation assistance.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock’s Norris Cotton Cancer is an NIH-designated comprehensive cancer center and is affiliated with the Geisel School of Medicine. The main campus of Dartmouth-Hitchcock is located in the Upper Connecticut Valley, on the Vermont border. Cultural opportunities are enhanced by Dartmouth College and the area is renowned for four season outdoor activities and diverse arts and entertainment offerings.
- BC/BE in Oncology and Neurology
- Eligible for State of New Hampshire medical license
- Eligible for Federal DEA Registration
Please address cover letter to:
Department of Physician Recruitment
One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.