Medical Resident Wellbeing Psychologist
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center - Lebanon, NH
Are you interested in helping develop a novel program to support the mental health of the next generation of health care providers? Are you looking to work with an engaged team and motivated faculty? Then we have an exciting role for you!
The Department of Psychiatry at Dartmouth-Hitchcock is seeking a doctoral level Psychologist to join its faculty at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center located in beautiful northern New England to improve the mental health and well-being of our resident physicians and psychology trainees.
In this role, you will serve as the primary point person to help develop and deliver a new program for resident physician and psychology trainees. In addition, you will collaborate closely with key stakeholders working together to understand, evaluate and address the specific mental health challenges and barriers to care of resident physicians and psychology trainees in the D-HH system. These stakeholders include members of the Department of Occupational Medicine, Office of Provider Wellbeing, Graduate Medical Education, Employee Assistance Program and the clinical leaders and program directors of each clinical department.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled psychologist with strong interest and experience in addressing a variety of behavioral health concerns affecting our resident physicians and psychology trainees.
What Dartmouth-Hitchcock has to offer you:
- No evening or weekend on-call expectations
- Not a designated, first-line crisis service provider
- Collegial and inclusive environment
- An academic appointment at Geisel School of Medicine (commensurate with training and experience)
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including a $20K relocation stipend
- Dedicated CME time and funds
What New Hampshire has to offer you:
- Unmatched quality of life in a beautiful, rural setting
- Professional community offering excellent schools and lively arts
- Access to major cities and airports
- Proximity to ski mountains, hiking trails and lakes
- Driving distance to the seacoast/ocean
- No sales or income tax!
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock health system stretches over New Hampshire and Vermont and offers the quintessential New England experience. With no income or sales tax, this beautiful area combines history, industry and business and has been ranked consistently as one of the best places in the US to live and work. Anchored by the academic Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH, the system includes the NCI-designated Norris Cotton Cancer Center, the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock; 4 affiliated hospitals and 30 Dartmouth-Hitchcock ambulatory clinics across the region. With destinations like Boston, New York, the seacoast and ski country within driving distance, the opportunities – both career and personal – truly make New Hampshire the ideal place to work and play.
Cover Letters should be addressed to:
Mary Kay Jankowski, Ph.D.
Director of Psychology Services
- Completion of a doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA- or CPA-accredited program.
- Completion of a predoctoral internship from an APA- or CPA-accredited internship program.
- Completion of a postdoctoral fellowship from an APPIC accredited program.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- Licensed or license-eligible as a psychologist in the state of NH.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.