Dartmouth-Hitchcock’s Department of Pathology at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH is seeking a third BC/BE Hematopathologist to join our clinical faculty. In addition to service work and sign-out responsibilities, staff members will participate actively in the academic mission of the department, including teaching and clinical research. Excellent facilities are available for diagnostic applications and collaborative research activities.
What Dartmouth-Hitchcock has to offer you:
- Practice based in the newly renovated Departmental space at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH close to the campus of Dartmouth College in the heart of the beautiful Upper Connecticut River Valley.
- Service work, sign out, and telepathology in Hematopathology, and after hours call in General Surgical Pathology.
- Active participation in the academic mission of the department, including clinical research and teaching of medical students at Dartmouth’s Geisel School of Medicine, and trainees in Pathology and Hematology.
- An academic appointment, commensurate with experience, will be requested at Dartmouth’s Geisel School of Medicine.
- Excellent facilities for diagnostic applications and collaborative research activities, including a state-of-the-art, on-site clinical genomics laboratory and an active pathology informatics group.
- Collegial and supportive faculty and staff.
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock health system stretches over New Hampshire and Vermont and offers the quintessential New England experience. With no income or sales tax, this beautiful area combines history, industry and business and has been ranked consistently as one of the best places in the US to live and work. Anchored by the academic Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH, the system includes the NCI-designated Norris Cotton Cancer Center, the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock; 4 affiliated hospitals and 30 Dartmouth-Hitchcock ambulatory clinics across the region.
Lebanon and its neighbor Hanover, home to Dartmouth College, rest in the Upper Valley of the Connecticut River, a national heritage river with plenty of room for canoeing, kayaking, rowing, and fishing. The area's abundant ski areas, including the Dartmouth Skiway in Lyme, NH, provide both Nordic and Alpine skiing only minutes from your door. Excellent local schools benefit from the cultural offerings of Dartmouth College's Hopkins Center and Hood Museum of Art, as well as the Lebanon Opera House and Northern Stage in White River Junction, VT. The Dartmouth Coach bus line connects the Upper Valley to Boston, MA and New York City with daily roundtrip service. The Maine Coast, New Hampshire's legendary White Mountains, Burlington, VT, and Montreal, QC are all within a few hours’ drive.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Anatomic Pathology
- Successful completion of a one-year ACGME accredited Hematopathology Fellowship training program
- Must obtain and maintain a medical license in the States of NH and VT
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.