The Dartmouth Cancer Center (DCC) of Dartmouth Health and the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth invite outstanding board-certified/board-eligible clinical trialists to apply for a faculty position as Director of Early Phase Clinical Trials at DCC.
We seek an enthusiastic and collaborative individual who will expand an already robust portfolio of early-phase cancer clinical trials, leveraging DCC’s status as an NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, an NCI National Clinical Trials Network Lead Academic Participating Site, and a member of the Alliance, NRG and NCI CATCH-UP clinical trials consortia. A generous start-up package including 70% protected research time and access to state-of-the-art pharmacology, biostatistics, and bioinformatics shared resources will be provided. In addition to full Membership in the DCC, a faculty appointment will be provided in either the Section of Medical Oncology or the Section of Hematology, at a rank commensurate with individual academic achievement.
Clinical, Teaching, and Administrative Responsibilities (30%)Outpatient
- Provide clinical excellence and coordination of care to oncology patients.
- Participate in subspecialty and interdisciplinary clinics.
- Actively participate in quality and patient safety improvement initiatives.
- Meet RVU benchmark per speciality as established by Dartmouth Cancer Center (DCC) and Dartmouth Health.
- Participate in coverage of the DCC inpatient oncology consult service, which is shared among oncology attending physicians.
- Communicate in an efficient manner with the hospitalists, radiologists, pathologists, and subspecialists in order to offer best clinical care.
- Teach medical, PA/NP students, and house staff at the Lebanon main campus.
- Participate in teaching activities within the hematology and oncology fellowship program.
- Participate in the Medical Oncology and Hematology sections and in institutional CME programs.
- Attend and represent DCC in community events.
Research Responsibilities (70%)
- The Physician will commit 70% of their time creating and expanding an active early phase clinical trial portfolio of investigator-initiated studies based on Dartmouth science, NCI network trials, and industry-sponsored studies.
- Provide leadership for the Early Phase Trials Program, collaborating with the Clinical Oncology Groups, and the DCC Research programs.
- Submit investigator-initiated trials for review and activation.
- Mentor junior investigators with the design and protocol development followed by submission of studies written by the junior investigators.
- Pursue intra-and extra-mural funding available to faculty as sources for research and program support.
- Recruit patients for clinical trials
- Completion of an approved fellowship program in oncology and/or hematology with board eligible/board certification in this specialty and experience in the clinical care of Hematology/Oncology patients.
- Significant knowledge of translational and clinical cancer research and its application to cancer drug development. Working knowledge of key areas of early drug development (biology, chemistry, pharmacology) and/ or experience in clinical drug development, specifically conducting early phase clinical trials.
Dartmouth Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.