Child and Adolescent Psychologist
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center - Lebanon, NH
The Department of Psychiatry at Dartmouth-Hitchcock and the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth is seeking a doctoral level Child and Adolescent Psychologist to join its faculty at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH.
In this role, you will work with an engaged multidisciplinary team of providers and motivated faculty with diverse clinical and research interests to provide state-of-the-art diagnostic assessment and treatment of children, adolescents and their families in the outpatient psychiatry clinic.
Population needs and desired areas of interest and expertise may include the following:
- Trauma and stress-related disorders
- Behavioral medicine
- Mood, anxiety and disruptive disorders in children
- Affect regulation or DBT skills for adolescents
- Transgender mental health
An essential part of your role is supervising and training resident physicians and psychology trainees in evidence-based therapies. In addition, you will have an opportunity to further expand our vibrant pre-doctoral and postdoctoral training program for Child Psychologists.
What Dartmouth-Hitchcock has to offer you:
- Established patient base
- Collegial and inclusive multidisciplinary team
- Integration and close collaboration with pediatrics
- Competitive compensation and benefits including a $20K relocation stipend
- Dedicated CME time and funds
What New England has to offer you:
- Four seasons and an outdoor lifestyle
- Access to major cities and airports
- Proximity to ski mountains and hiking trails
- Driving distance to the seacoast
- Abundance of local lakes for boating and swimming
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock health system stretches over New Hampshire and Vermont and offers the quintessential New England experience. With no income or sales tax, this beautiful area combines history, industry and business and has been ranked consistently as one of the best places in the US to live and work. Anchored by the academic Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH, the system includes the NCI-designated Norris Cotton Cancer Center, the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock; 4 affiliated hospitals and 30 Dartmouth-Hitchcock ambulatory clinics across the region. With destinations like Boston, New York, the seacoast and ski country within driving distance, the opportunities – both career and personal – truly make New Hampshire the ideal place to work and play.
Cover Letters should be addressed to:
Mary Kay Jankowski, Ph.D.
Director of Psychology Services
Position eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
- Completion of a doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA- or CPA-accredited program.
- Completion of a predoctoral internship from an APA- or CPA-accredited internship program.
- Completion of a postdoctoral fellowship in child and adolescent psychology from an APPIC accredited program
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
Licensed or license-eligible as a psychologist in the state of NH.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.