Obesity Medicine - Bariatric Psychologist
Dartmouth-Hitchcock - Manchester, NH
Are you looking to work with an engaged team and motivated faculty? Are you looking to collaborate and learn from obesity medicine providers, dietitians, nurses, and bariatric surgeons to provide state-of-the-art and innovative quality care to patients struggling with obesity? Then we have an exciting role for you!
Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Department of Psychiatry seeks to hire an Obesity Medicine - Bariatric Psychologist to join the Weight and Wellness Center at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Clinic located in Manchester, New Hampshire.
a) developing and providing expert services for patients struggling with obesity in the Weight and Wellness Centers,
b) conducting pre and post bariatric surgery psychological evaluations,
c) participating in interdisciplinary team-based care,
Ideally we are seeking a candidate whom has experience and interest in obesity medicine and/or bariatrics.
What Dartmouth-Hitchcock has to offer you:
- Established patient base
- Collegial and inclusive environment and referrals
- Ties to the Academic Medical Center and opportunities to participate in scholarly activities
- Competitive compensation, benefits and relocation
- Dedicated CME time and funds
What New Hampshire has to offer you:
- Unmatched quality of life
- Four seasons and an outdoor lifestyle
- Access to major cities and airports
- Proximity to mountains and hiking trails
- Driving distance to the seacoast/ocean
- No sales or income tax!
With over 125+ physicians, Dartmouth Hitchcock Manchester is the largest multi-specialty group practice in Southern New Hampshire. Our progressive, physician led organization, utilizes a patient focused approach to care and treatment and supports collaboration across programs and specialties. Having been ranked the #1 Small City and Best Place to Live and Raise a Family (Fortune and Money Magazine), Manchester is within an hour's drive to Boston, the seacoast, the lakes and mountain regions- offering something for everyone. As the largest city in New Hampshire, Manchester offers many cultural and social activities as well as strong school systems to contribute to a balanced lifestyle.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an academic health system, serving patients across New England. A national leader in patient-centered health care, D-H is on a path to create a sustainable health system for the region and as a model for the nation. Founded in 1893, the system includes New Hampshire's only Level 1 trauma center and its only air ambulance service, as well as the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, one of only 41 National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the nation, and the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, the state's only Children's Hospital Association-approved, comprehensive, full-service children's hospital. As an academic health system, Dartmouth-Hitchcock provides access to nearly 1,500 primary care doctors and specialists in almost every area of medicine, as well as world-class research with the Audrey and Theodor Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
Cover Letters should be addressed to:
Mary Kay Jankowski, Ph.D.
Director of Psychology Services
- Completion of a doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA- or CPA-accredited program.
- Completion of a predoctoral internship from an APA- or CPA-accredited internship program.
- At least one year of postdoctoral training in obesity medicine and/or bariatric psychology.
- Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- Licensed or license-eligible as a psychologist in the state of NH.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.