Dartmouth-Hitchcock Nashua is pleased to announce an opening for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work within the Department of Adult Gastroenterology. This position will work in collaboration with our world-class team of Gastroenterologists in providing the highest standards of quality patient-focused care across all aspects of treatment. This is a full-time position working in our outpatient clinic. We are ideally seeking a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner who brings 3-5 years’ experience and clinical competency with a background in Gastroenterology patients. Alternately, academic preparation at the Master's level with strong nursing experience in Gastroenterology, Hospital Medicine, or Emergency Medicine will be considered.
- Managing Adult Gastroenterology patients with varying disease processes, including but not limited to GERD, IBD, bowel pattern changes, abdominal pain, and diseases related to the liver, pancreas, GI tract, and gallbladder.
- Develops, implements, and manages therapeutic treatment regimens in collaboration with the Gastroenterologists
- Initiates appropriate diagnostic tests to evaluate the patient's condition.
- Assesses the findings and history, review of systems, physical examination, and diagnostic tests.
- Performs complete history and physical examination
- Must possess excellent communication skills, with a focus on a team approach to patient-centered care.
What Dartmouth-Hitchcock has to offer you:
- Established patient base
- Collegial environment and referrals
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages
- Dedicated CME time
What New England has to offer you:
- Four seasons and an outdoor lifestyle
- Access to major cities and airports
- Proximity to mountains and hiking trails
- Driving distance to the seacoast/ocean
- An abundance of local lakes for boating and swimming
The Nashua, NH community is conveniently located just under an hour from Boston and is an ideal location for families who want to enjoy living in a desirable, safe, and affordable neighborhood. Hospital Review recently published an article entitled "The 25 best .... cities for physicians" in which Nashua, NH was ranked 14th in the country. With destinations like Boston, New York, the seacoast, and ski country within driving distance, the opportunities - both career and personal - truly make New Hampshire the ideal place to work and play.
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock health system stretches over New Hampshire and Vermont and offers the quintessential New England experience. With no income or sales tax, this beautiful area combines history, industry, and business and has been ranked consistently as one of the best places in the US to live and work. Anchored by the academic Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH, the system includes the NCI-designated Norris Cotton Cancer Center, the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock; 4 affiliated hospitals, and 30 Dartmouth-Hitchcock ambulatory clinics across the region.
- Graduate of an accredited APRN or PA program.
- NCCPA certification or board certified by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Eligible for APRN or PA licensure in the State of New Hampshire.
- Eligible for Federal DEA Registration
Dartmouth Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.