Provide healthcare to individuals and families. Assess and manage the health care needs and issues within specialty area, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention as well as the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses. Function as part of the provider team to deliver the highest quality and safest patient care in a variety of settings. May assume primary responsibility for patient care.
• Graduate of an accredited APRN or PA academic program
• National specialty certification as FNP, WHNP, PNP, ANP or certification through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
• Abide by the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Bylaws for the Professional Staff and Code of Conduct.
• Obtain comprehensive or focused history and perform physical exam.
• Determine and order appropriate screening and diagnostic tests and studies.
• Obtain informed consent for treatment diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and studies.
• Interpret and evaluate test and study results.
• Develop and implement treatment plans based on relevant findings.
• Prescribe medications, treatments and medical devices in accordance within specialty scope of practice and applicable rules and regulations.
• Initiate referrals to other providers as necessary.
• Initiate admission/discharge of patients (APPs do not have admitting privileges).
• Provide consultation to patients in accordance within specialty scope of practice.
• Complete appropriate documentation.
• Provide patient and family-centered care.
• Provide education and counseling regarding the management of acute and chronic illnesses and injuries. Encourage behavioral change and assist with self-management skills to improve overall health, within specialty scope of practice.
• Demonstrate advocacy that insure the patient’s right to privacy, confidentiality and informed consent.
• Serve as a preceptor/mentor for new Advanced Practice Providers (APP) APP students and medical students.
• Assume responsibility to maintain current licensure as an APRN or PA and DEA registration.
• Attend continuing education programs to ensure ongoing professional growth and development.
• Maintain current Physician Delegation Agreement (PAs only).
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
• Eligible for RN licensure in the State of NH (APRN only)
• Eligible for APRN or PA licensure in the State of NH
• Eligible for Federal DEA Registration
• BLS certification
Dartmouth Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.