The Norris Cotton Cancer Center at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth seek a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work collaboratively to provide high quality, compassionate, evidence-based, patient-centered care through the Section of Radiation Oncology in our Lebanon, New Hampshire and St. Johnsbury, Vermont sites. This is a full time, benefited, salaried position. No on-call required at this time.
What we are seeking:
- An experienced nurse practitioner or physician assistant with experience in oncology, or a new graduate with experience as an oncology RN.
- A collaborative team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An autonomous advanced practice provider with clinical expertise and organizational skills
- An active learner with an interest in teaching, education, and research. An academic appointment at the level of Instructor will be awarded through the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
- Primarily, provide care to individuals following completion of radiation treatments diagnosing and treating acute and late effects of therapy. Performs procedures a required for patient assessment.
- Work closely with the clinic nurses and provider staff assisting in coordination of care for patients under treatment and management of acute therapy side effects. Works with clinic nursing staff to triage patient telephone calls and provide recommendations.
- Fully integrate into section functions including multidisciplinary case conferences [tumor boards], faculty meetings, teaching, research and quality improvement projects when applicable.
- Actively participate in the Advanced Practice Provider team of the Norris Cotton Cancer Center through attendance of monthly team meetings, journal club, biannual peer review process and annual retreat
- Prepares for, participates in and attends required conferences, meetings and committees as requested.
- Participates in clinical research, relevant to the radiation oncology patient population, providing clinical care and follow-up assessments as required by protocol.
- Develops policies and protocol with the physicians, nurses, therapist and physic staff for the delivery of radiation oncologic care.
- Serves and/or represents DHMC-NCCC at local and national professional educational venues and organizations.
- Participates in the education and professional development of fellows, residents, nurses, medical students and other health care providers.
- Other duties as requested.
What we offer:
Norris Cotton Cancer Center is one of 49 NCI-designated comprehensive cancer centers in the United States providing patients with advanced technology and state-of-the-art treatment within a friendly, patient-centered environment. Norris Cotton Cancer Center provides a full range of cancer care services, including; a dedicated infusion suite, dedicated physicians, nurses, social work, nutrition counseling, palliative care and other support staff, and on-going support groups and classes for patients and families. A faculty appointment through Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth will be requested.
Department: Radiation Oncology-Clinic: D-H Lebanon Clinic and NCCC- St. Johnsbury-Clinic
Order ID: 20000371
APRN Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited APRN program.
- Board certified by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Eligible for APRN licensure in the State of New Hampshire and State of Vermont.
- Eligible for Federal DEA Registration
Physician Assistant Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant program.
- NCCPA certification.
- Eligible for PA license in the State of New Hampshire and State of Vermont.
- Eligible for federal DEA registration.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.